NACOB is sending out this call for research symposium proposals. We are seeking highly innovative and impactful symposia organized by CSB/ASB members.
September 29 – Call for submissions
November 16 – Deadline for submissions
November 17 – Review process begins
December 6 – Notification of acceptances
Each symposium will have a 90 minutes time slot and must have a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 speakers. There should be at least a 15-minute moderated panel, audience discussion, or another interactive format scheduled within the symposium.
Proposals will be evaluated by the NACOB Scientific Committee. Reviews will be based on the quality of the proposal and appropriateness for the CSB/ASB communities. Symposium organizers must be registered for the conference.
Priority for selection will be given to symposia that include one or all of the following:
- Provide a bridge between basic science, kinesiology, engineering and/or clinical domains
- Topics that address contemporary, novel and/or controversial issues
- Encourage debate between presenters and/or the audience
- Are educational and encourage discussion among attendees
- Include a diverse group of speakers that bring unique approaches or perspectives to the topic
Proposals may not exceed 1000 words and should include the following:
- Symposium title
- Organizer name, institution and contact information
- Description of symposium including:
- Explanation of how the symposium addresses the NACOB selection priorities
- Description of the presenters and their unique contributions(s) to the symposium
- Description of the symposium format, how the audience will be involved, and if there is a debate, how will it be structured and moderated and by whom (if not the Chair) etc.
As a general rule, NACOB will not provide any support for travel or other expenses for symposium speakers or organizers. However, limited support (e.g. discounted registration) may be available for some speakers who do not typically attend CSB/ASB meetings but would make a significant contribution.
Please contact the NACOB 2022 Secretariat for details.