The North American Congress on Biomechanics will take place in Ottawa, Ontario, from August 21 – 25, 2022. Join us to celebrate a face-to-face conference, networking with colleagues from over 14 different countries and four days of great scientific exchange in the culturally rich, and national capital of Ottawa, Canada!
There is risk of exposure to the Covid-19 virus when traveling, using public spaces and participating in events, and this includes the NACOB 2022 Congress. NACOB plans to ensure the well-being of all attendees and its staff. We’re facilitating measures that will ensure optimal health and sanitary conditions in all areas where in-person interactions take place. All on-site attendees must adhere to the Canadian Federal Government and the Provincial Government of Ontario COVID-19 measures put in place at the time of the event: Click this link for the most up-to-date information. In addition, Ontario businesses and organizations may choose to require proof of vaccination upon entry, and meeting attendees participating in activities at local businesses must adhere to the COVID-19 safety measures put in place by these venues (hotel, restaurants, social gathering locations).
As the COVID-19 public health measures change rapidly, we invite all meeting attendees to verify requirements in advance of travelling to the meeting.
Global travel has changed substantially as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes how we travel, the costs associated with travel, as well as the frequency of flights we have, up until now, taken for granted. Before you travel to Ottawa for NACOB, please consider planning ahead and be proactive in preparing for your trip. Check with your institution on most current policy on travel and funding, along with the best way to reach your destination. If you are planning to purchase travel insurance, please check with your provider if insurance covers COVID related delays/cancellations/costs (many don’t). Below are some reminders for our international attendees:
Traveling to Canada from your country of origin:
As NACOB 2022 is an international event, all attendees must also follow Canada’s guidance and protocols on Travel, Testing and Borders: click on the link for the most up-to-date travel to Canada information.
Departing Canada for your country of origin:
Please remember to regularly check the rules of re-entry into the country you are traveling to post Congress. Pre-testing before embarking on your homeward journey may be in place, and the possibility of additional time restraints will need to be taken into account when planning your trip.
Passports & Visas
Visitors to Canada must hold a valid passport. Most travelers also require an electronic visa or travel authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada by air. For more information, including visa information, please visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.
The NACOB Secretariat and Podium Conference Specialists will provide assistance in obtaining visas in the form of support letters once registration is confirmed and fully paid for. To request a visa support letter once you have registered and paid in full please email:
Registration for NACOB 2022 includes:
- Four full days of robust, peer reviewed scientific content including keynote speakers, awards sessions, workshops, symposia sessions, individual orals and dedicated poster sessions, as well as professional development opportunities
- Welcome reception in a fantastic off-site location with food, drink and entertainment
- Daily lunches and coffee breaks
- Two poster receptions with food and drinks
- Opportunity to purchase tickets to the banquet dinner at subsidized rates
- Complimentary WIFI in the congress space
- Printed or digital program depending on preference
- Complimentary access to pre-conference workshops
- The opportunity to network with colleagues, collaborators and others in the biomechanics community
Step 1: Become a member of CSB or ASB
ASB and CSB members benefit from reduced registration fees, among other membership benefits offered by each of the societies. If you are not currently a member of ASB or CSB, you can join or renew prior to registering for the meeting.
Step 2: Register for the Congress
Please note, all conference registrations are subject to 13% HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) as per the governments of Canada and Ontario.
Registration rates are in Canadian dollars. An equivalent US dollar is shown but please note this is an approximate number based on the exchange rate in March 2022.
Early Bird (Ends June 21)
- ASB or CSB Faculty/Industry Member – $880CAD + tax | $700USD + tax
- Governmental or Non-Profit Non-Member – $880CAD + tax | $700USD + tax
- Faculty/Industry Non-Member – $1080CAD + tax | $860USD + tax
- ASB or CSB Post-Doctoral Member – $660CAD + tax | $525USD + tax
- Post-Doctoral Non-Member – $780CAD + tax | $620USD + tax
- ASB or CSB Student Member – $440CAD + tax | $350USD + tax
- Student Non-Member – $500CAD + tax | $400USD + tax
Standard (Ends July 21)
- ASB or CSB Faculty/Industry Member – $930CAD + tax | $740USD + tax
- Governmental or Non-Profit Non-Member – $930CAD + tax | $740USD + tax
- Faculty/Industry Non-Member – $1130CAD + tax | $900USD + tax
- ASB or CSB Post-Doctoral Member – $710CAD + tax | $565USD + tax
- Post-Doctoral Non-Member – $830CAD + tax | $660USD + tax
- ASB or CSB Student Member – $490CAD + tax | $390USD + tax
- Student Non-Member – $550CAD + tax | $440USD + tax
- ASB or CSB Faculty/Industry Member – $980CAD + tax | $780USD + tax
- Governmental or Non-Profit Non-Member – $980CAD + tax | $780USD + tax
- Faculty/Industry Non-Member – $1180CAD + tax | $940USD + tax
- ASB or CSB Post-Doctoral Member – $760CAD + tax | $605USD + tax
- Post-Doctoral Non-Member – $880CAD + tax | $700USD + tax
- ASB or CSB Student Member – $540CAD + tax | $430USD + tax
- Student Non-Member – $600CAD + tax | $480USD + tax
- *Registration rates will be charged in Canadian dollars
Payment via Wire Transfer:
Should you need to pay via wire transfer, please click here for instructions. If you have any questions or require further information, please contact us
All cancellations must be received in writing. The amount paid less a $75 processing fee will be refunded for cancellations post-marked, faxed or emailed prior to July 21, 2022. Following this date, no refunds will be issued. Delegates who must cancel due to contracting COVID-19 immediately prior to the meeting (within 10 days) or whose travel is restricted due to be denied a flight due to COVID-19 positive test will receive a refund less 5% for credit card charges.
There will be a charge of $75 to transfer a registration to another person. Transfer requests must be made by July 21, 2022. Following this date, no transfer will be issued.
Please note, the NACOB will be adhering to all local, provincial, and federal health guidelines for the safety of attendees. Additional safety measures may be implemented depending on the current requirements at the time of the congress. We appreciate the support and understanding as we endeavour to deliver a safe meeting for all delegates.
Step 3: Book your Accommodation
Book your accommodation in Ottawa early as the city is popular in August! There are multiple hotel options for delegates, all within a short walk to the Shaw Centre, the host venue. We appreciate the support of the community in staying at one of the identified hotels as NACOB has financial commitments with them all. Please visit the accommodation page for more details